4.13.2008

Progress? No.



Many people in the United States are disalusioned and think race is no longer an issue in America . They assume since colored people have rights now thanks to Martin Luther King Jr, racism is eliminated.

Colorblind. I hate that word. How can you be colorblind in a society that teaches you Darrell is Black and Tom is White. I remember someone told me they were colorblind, they didn't see other races. So I told them that was interesting and asked what my race was, well they told me I was Black. What? I thought they were colorblind, obviously not.

RACE ARE WE SO DIFFERENT? is a public education program of American Anthropological Association exploring the science, history and lived experience of race and racism in the United States.

I've looked around on the site and its pretty interesting. Its good to see that there are groups out there that realize that race and racism is still an issue which is easily seen with our Presidential election

No comments: